4CX 14 Super
Like our new award-winning EcoMax T4 compliant engine, which meets Tier 4 legislation Without a bulky DPF or SCR; compact installation provides uncompromised visibility and maneuverability. The 4CX 14 Super also has high ground clearance and 4 equal-sized wheels, so it can tackle terrain unlike any other backhoe.
- A new high output variable flow pump reduces the JCB 4CX 14 Super’s cycle times, saves fuel and, on manual backhoes, a lighter lever delivers easier control. Our new improved Powerslide features a larger hydraulic ram, which produces more power to quickly and effortlessly reposition the backhoe loader’s excavator end. There’s more tractive effort at the 4CX 14 Super’s pile than ever, thanks to a new variable flow pump power management system and the new JCB EcoMax engine. The 4CX 14 Super’s 4-ram self-leveling loader automatically adjusts the shovel on both the raise and lower cycle Without any need for manual adjustment. It also provides unhindered front bucket visibility, especially when loading at height. The optional combined hammer and bi-directional circuit provides optimized low-flow and high-flow hydraulic power with low back pressure for greater attachment versatility. JCB’s new hydraulic quickhitch makes attachment changing on the 4CX 14 Super quick, safe and compliant with current and future legislation. At the loading end of the JCB 4CX 14 Super, our return to dig feature automatically resets the bucket into the loading position, and selectable transmission disconnect diverts maximum hydraulic power from the engine to the loader arms.
- An upgraded engine and fuel filter prevents engine wear and extends our EcoMax engine’s working life. Daily under the hood checks are a thing of the past with the JCB 4CX 14 Super – all engine checks are done automatically by the CANBUS electronics engine management system. Most Tier 4 engines use a Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) or SCR, requiring additional DEF fluid level maintenance – EcoMax does not. For an even more efficient backhoe experience, JCB’s new multi-functional instrument control panel can provide the 4CX 14 Super’s current and average fuel consumption, as well as service faults and critical faults. The plastic fuel tank on a JCB 4CX 14 Super is completely rustproof to prevent rust forming in the tank, which protects the fuel injection system. The single-piece composite cab floor is also rustproof, with molded water channels. The 4CX 14 Super’s power brakes utilize the existing hydraulic supply, reducing operator costs and daily service checks. A large fuel tank means extended periods between fill ups for a longer, more productive work day.
- JCB 4CX 14 Super axles and transmission are designed to withstand a 12,000-hour design life; heavyWeight axles are built to withstand serious shock loads. The rear axle alone has a static load rating of 55,125lb (25,011 kg), and a dynamic load rating of 27,562 lbs (12,505 kg). We use stress-relieved fabrication for the 4CX 14 Super’s boom – by heating materials to over 650 degrees C for over 16 hours, we make sure the metal is evenly heated, doubling boom life. The 4CX 14 Super’s pre-production testing regime included 100,000 loading cycles, 500,000 excavating cycles, 360,000 gear change cycles, extensive bump track testing to ensure structural integrity, and thousands of hours of endurance testing. We also carried out extensive EMC (Electromagnetic Compatibility) testing on the 4CX 14 Super; this ensures that signals from cell phones and radios don’t affect the machine in any way. Every new JCB 4CX 14 Super is put through around 600 performance checks on the production line. Our construction materials are tested to the limit by exposing them to extreme temperatures, chemicals, salt, oil and light. That way, we know they’ll survive the most hostile conditions. For rigidity and hose protection, there are flat plate D-pressing loader arms on the JCB 4CX 14 Super. The robot welded single-piece chassis on the 4CX 14 Super maximizes strength and minimizes Weight. Hydraulic hoses are approved to work down to -40°C and all JCB 4CX 14 Super materials are tested to extreme temperatures and exposed to chemicals, salt, oil and sunlight to ensure maximum protection.
- The 4CX 14 Super’s new EcoMax engine is designed, tested and built by JCB to work perfectly with JCB axles and gearboxes. T4 compliant EcoMax engines produce power and torque at around 1,500 rpm for responsiveness and fuel-efficient matching of the transmission and hydraulics. Because EcoMax doesn’t use exhaust after-treatment, it doesn’t need costly heat-resistant lube oils or DEF, saving service costs. And, because EcoMax can be adapted to run on lower-grade fuels, JCB backhoes can be deemmisionized for resale across different territories, boosting residual values. JCB 4CX 14 Super engines are field tested. We’ve built 200,000 engines since 2004, and we’ve tested EcoMax for 110,000 hours in 70 different machines across the toughest applications and environments. For ultimate loading performance, productivity and road travel efficiency, the JCB 4CX 14 Super’s EcoMax engine delivers as much as 109 hp (81 kW) and 381 lbf (516 Nm) of torque. JCB’s unique TorqueLock system is Standard-fit on all 109 hp (81 kW) powershift 4CX 14 Super models. Combined with our optional 6-Speed Autoshift transmission, it can help save up to 25% on fuel and 10% on road travel time. An optional limited slip differential gives a JCB 4CX 14 Super superior traction and performance, as well as reduced tire wear. The 4CX 14 Super JCB backhoe loader is fit with EcoRoad technology to provide the highest efficiency and productivity levels during road travel. Fuel consumption is reduced, while machine Speed and working areas are increased by up to 10%. The JCB 4CX 14 Super has 3 modes of 4-wheel steering and a large 1.1 m3 bucket capacity for exceptional on-site productivity. Our 6-Speed autoshift transmission with floor mounted kickdown switch provides great pulling power on the 4CX 14 Super.
- The JCB 4CX 14 Super is designed to enable a fatigue-free, productive day’s work. The cab is rubber-mounted and isolated for low noise and vibration. A JCB 4CX 14 Super cab is inspired by the automotive industry for familiarity. A heated air suspension seat and heated front windshield, are just some of the quality features you will find in this state-of-the-art cab. Ergonomic seat-mounted excavator-style controls – with optional excavator-style backhoe and loader servo controls – provide fingertip control, great comfort and excellent maneuverability. For more comfort and less material spillage, the 4CX 14 Super’s Smoothride System (SRS) minimizes bounce during travel. You can quickly reset your shovel to the digging position with our return-to-dig feature too. High back-off brakes reduce viscous drag during road travel and re-handling, which improves economy by up to 1%. The optional handheld tool circuit means you can increase versatility by using your 4CX 14 Super as a power source for handheld tools, such as drills, breakers, cutters and even water pumps. The JCB 4CX 14 Super backhoe loader is a quiet places to work, both inside and out – particularly the 109 hp (81 kW) models, which are the quietest in the industry. Controls on the 4CX 14 Super Eco feature an LCD panel detailing machine hours, service information, fuel level and system warnings. A 360° view through tinted windows aids comfort, productivity and safety. Our innovative scoop design, one-piece rear windshield allows JCB 4CX 14 Super operators to see right into the trench when excavating . To make operators feel right at home in the 4CX 14 Super, they can opt for the Standard-fit traditional manual control system, with a choice of three control patterns – JCB X, SAE+ and ISO+. There’s even an in-cab cooler.
Downloads and Docs