Productivity, performance and efficiency are all class-leading; add a versatility-enhancing options list and comprehensive warranty packages, and the 3CX really is the best value backhoe for large fleets, rental yards and smaller businesses alike. Try one and you’ll soon see why JCB is the backhoe market leader in 78 countries, making one out of every two backhoe loaders sold around the world.
- All of the JCB 3CX’s daily checks and routine servicing can be done from one side of the machine. Important service items are grouped, too, for improved access and improved productivity. The hood on this JCB backhoe loader is a one-piece unit, and opens easily Without having to remove extra panels. Battery access is excellent, positioned at the front of the machine behind a locked grill to give quick, easy access. Greasing and refuelling can both be done from ground level, making them easy and safe tasks to carry out on a JCB 3CX. The hydraulic tank is mounted outboard for similarly easy access. There’s no time-consuming dust bowl or pre-cleaner to maintain on this backhoe, saving precious operator time and improving forward visibility. What’s more, our scavenge design discharges dirt from the exhaust to extend air filter life. We’ve fit additional fuel filtration on this backhoe loader to reduce dirt in fluids and prevent blockages. Hydraulic hoses all meet at the bulkhead manifold, meaning that replacement is straightforward.
- The 3CX backhoe loader’s cab, axles, transmission and engine are all designed and built by JCB. All components therefore work in perfect harmony for optimum reliability. Our hydraulic cylinders have friction welded ends to give extra strength. Each key component of the latest JCB backhoe range is stringently tested. The chassis, boom, loader arms and other major parts are all subjected to prolonged high-stress loading, while the transmission design has been repeatedly put through its paces over thousands of cycles. JCB precision machining provides high tolerances and accurate location of pins and bushes on these backhoe loaders. By heating the boom to 1200 degrees F, we remove any internal stresses caused by manufacturing and welding. This process doubles the life of our booms and reduces the overall machine Weight at the same time. Rear stabilizers are equipped with twin directional hose burst check valves (HBCVs), which means the legs can’t move during machine operation and cannot fall during road travel if a hose were to fail. To protect the boom and dipper hoses on your JCB backhoe during trenchwork, they’re enclosed inside the rear structures of the machine. Kingpost hoses are enclosed in a flexible, robust guide to keep them from snagging or sustaining damage. To protect the stabilizer rams, as Standard, the 3CX is fit with guards to protect the rams and avoid costly repairs plus added downtime. A sacrificial wear plate on the dipper eliminates costly damage to the dipper and can be easily replaced to maximize dipper life.
- To create the perfect working environment for operators – and, in turn, improve productivity choose our air conditioning package. This JCB backhoe loader comes with a choice of a canopy or a cab; our cabs are pressurized to ensure a clean and controlled working environment. There’s a 12V power source in the cab so that operators can charge phones and use various accessories. Our suspension seat with armrests comes as Standard, providing backhoe operators with improved comfort and reduced fatigue for longer working hours. There’s plenty of storage on this backhoe loader, with work tools easy to accommodate even if you choose the canopy option. Operating the 3CX is straight forward; the traditional manual control system is easy and comfortable to operate. Save time by quickly returning the bucket to digging position, reducing cycle times for extra productivity.
- To guarantee ultimate performance in all conditions, the 3CX backhoe is equipped with 4WD as Standard and a limited slip differential to ensure traction in the toughest conditions. 2WD can always be selected to reduce tire wear during road travel. Because the boom and dipper are of equal length, it allows the operator to dig close up to the machine. This means less repositioning during trenching, saving valuable time and fuel. This backhoe excels in both uneven terrain and confined spaces thanks to a winning combination of high ground clearance and an excellent turning radius. Load retention is exceptional with the JCB 3CX’s 201° bucket rotation. Furthermore there’s a powerful slew to ensure fast and controllable backfilling. The JCB is the only machine in its class to offer true self-levelling on raise and lower of the loader arms as Standard. This provides fast and accurate movement of palletized loads and maximizes loads when using a bucket. You can easily operate power-hungry attachments like breakers and patch planers with a JCB 3CX, courtesy of a high performance 32.5 g/min hydraulic pump. A Standard oader float allows the operator to quickly and easily grade with the front bucket. Leaving sites flat and level every time. With up to 40% greater breakout forces than its closest competitor, JCB is the most productive affordable cost machine available.
- With high breakout forces you’ll be able to shift more material in less time. Put simply, these are the most productive backhoe loaders in their class. The JCB EcoMax engine produces its peak power and torque at low engine Speeds, which makes for great economy, exceptional responsiveness and outstanding performance. The JCB 3CX is a great value backhoe loader offering superb return on investment as well as finance and service parts. Unlike most entry level machines, it’s extremely productive too, with superb earthmoving abilities. The 3CX has a top Speed of 23 mph so you can reduce travel times on site and between locations. A large 38 gallon fuel tank extends refuelling intervals and maximizes productivity. The JCB EcoMax is a highly durable engine design, with tens of thousands of units in service working on a huge range of different applications. We’ve tested the unit rigorously in climates ranging from -4 degrees F to 115 degrees F. We use a powder coat paint process on all JCB 3CX backhoes which provides a high quality finish. Paint coverage is optimized and your machine stays looking good for longer. Thicker steel is used to construct the excavator on the 3CX and larger stress relieving plates eliminate the chance of failure and reduces your total cost of ownership.
Downloads and Docs