Why Rent from Black Equipment?
Rentals help businesses cope with fluctuating demands.
Our rentals offer the added and sometimes unexpected benefits of:
- Included preventative maintenance & repair (except in cases of abuse)
- Delivery & pickup service
- No initial capital outlays like you have when purchasing new equipment
- Is it worth it to purchase a seasonal truck you’ll only use 4 months/ year?
- Is it worth the time and cost of maintenance – especially after letting the equipment set for long periods of time?
- When no longer needed, the equipment is removed and isn’t there taking up valuable space
- Since maintenance is included, it makes Renting a good alternative to buying a piece of equipment that sits idle for long periods of time and sees little use as it loses value.
When You Might Want to Rent
Seasonal Demand Fluctuations
- Retail – Christmas, Fall, Spring
- Inventory Packers
- Lead-up to holiday demands
- Upticks and downturns – adjust fleet size quickly
- Shutdowns for maintenance
- Rolling outages/shutdowns for maintenance
- Transitioning operations to a new facility. Augment a split fleet.
- Starting a new warehouse/storage facility
- Doing Inventory – pulling items off shelves for counting
- Unexpected or larger than normally expected deliveries
- Occasional Millwright or equipment needs (i.e., receiving & setting CNC machinery)
Warehousing, Distribution, 3PL
- Business demand fluctuations
- Fulfillment demand fluctuations
- Transitioning or adding a new facility
- Special lifts & attachments for new types of products
- One-time (or infrequent) purchases of large items
- Very short-term: 1 day to 1 week.
- Surprise packaging
- We see this when customers unexpectedly receive a product in an unusual and difficult to unload configuration.
- Requires a higher-than-normal lift
- Unexpectedly heavy
- Center-of-gravity requires much longer forks and lift capacity
- Shipment requires an extra forklift to safely remove and set equipment
Rentals During Repair
For those times when you have an unforeseen repair, it’s nice to know that you can stay up and running with a rental for the duration of the repair.
What You Need to Know
Black Equipment is a business-to-business (B2B) dealer. We aren’t set up to rent to individuals, only companies. Some customers are surprised to learn that just because an item weighs, say 5,000 lbs., an ordinary 5,000 lb. forklift might not be capable of moving it.
Each situation is different. We’ll need to understand things like:
- The dimensions & geometry of your load
- How the weight is distributed
- The structural integrity of the load you’re moving
- The starting and ending lift-heights
- How much headroom you have at unloading site and path of travel
- Does the item have fork pockets
- and other factors.
Don’t wait until the last minute to schedule your rental. If you need a specific rental for a specific time, it’s best to let us know well in advance so we can be sure to have the unit & configuration you need when and where you need it.
What You Might Be Surprised to Know
- Preventative maintenance and repair are included in the rental prices (except in cases of abuse.)
- Delivery & pickup is included
- Equipment failures that aren’t a result of abuse are our risk, not yours.
- We offer Rental terms for:
- Days to weeks
- Month to month
- 3, 6, 9, and 12 months
- We have over 1,500 units in our growing rental fleet