The JCB 457 gives you, epic style, visibility, power, Speed, strength, efficiency and quality. Featuring a powerful new MTU diesel engine that meets Tier 4 emission Standards Without the need for a costly and in-efficient DPF. New JCB CommandPlus cab provides the ultimate in operator comfort and productivity. Unrivaled visibility, command driving position and seat mounted controls keep you in total command. Innovative design provides easier ground level service access with a one piece automatic Opening hood. Tailored service packages and the best dealer backup complete the picture. A machine designed and built to be everything you’re looking for in a wheel loader.
- • If you plan to use your new JCB 457 AGRI wheel loader for quarry work, choose the dedicated quarry safety pack, which includes blue flashing reverse lights, a green operator presence beacon, a and rear object detection system. • Access steps are inclined and equally spaced, complemented by well positioned grab handles for three points of contact at all times. • On the new JCB 457 AGRI, you’ll find the rear-view mirrors mounted in front of the A-pillars for improved visibility. Interior mirrors, heated exterior mirrors and hood mirrors combine to offer excellent views to every corner of your wheel loader. • The new front fender flaps have been carefully designed and honed to keep forward spray to a minimum. This increases safety and decreases debris build-up on your wheel loader. • The new 457’s cab is isolator-mounted, compliant with ROPS/FOPS Standards, and positively pressurized against dust. You can choose from fresh air, carbon and P3 – HEPA recirculation filters as well. • Door hinges are now mounted on the B-pillar; this simple change has created much better access via a larger and wider door aperture. It also means you can access the rear roof of your wheel loader more safely.
- • It’s easy to get to the engine on a new JCB 457 AGRI with a large automatic Opening single-piece bonnet. Accessing the diesel and DEF tanks is similarly straightforward via the lockable grille at the rear of the machine. • This wheel loader’s braking system has a virtually maintenance-free lifespan courtesy of full dual circuit hydraulics with multiple oil-immersed discs. • Most Tier 4 final engines use a costly Diesel Particulate Filter (DPF) that can require replacement at the expense of both money and time. The MTU engine in the new JCB 457 AGRI is DPF-free, thus reducing your servicing and running costs. • The Standard cooling package is a large single-faced unit so you can be assured of quick, easy and safe cleaning. • You can check brake, steering and hydraulic system pressures easily courtesy of group test ports. The main fuse board and relays have been repositioned next to the door for easy access. • By using exclusively premium components (MTU engine, ZF transmissions and axles, Rexroth pumps and Parker valve blocks) on the new JCB 457 AGRI wheel loader, we’ve built in long service life as Standard.
- • The engine fit to the JCB 457 AGRI produces more power and torque than its predecessor. What’s more, it produces all of this at low revs for incredibly responsive operation. • There’s no need to worry about wasting time and money replacing a diesel particulate filter (DPF) on your wheel loader; its engine requires only exhaust gas recirculation (EGR) and system selective catalytic reduction (DOC). This also improves fuel economy. • Powerful twin variable displacement piston pump hydraulics can circulate a massive 85 gal/min (323 l/min) for fast cycle times and excellent multifunctioning capability. With maximum breakout forces of 38,667 lbf (172kN), this wheel loader has the power to carry out extremely arduous loading jobs. • Specify your perfect loader arm: Z-bar linkage (ZX) for high breakout applications or high torque (HT) for parallel Lifting and multi-attachment work. High Lift and super high Lift options equip your 457 for applications involving high load heights. • This wheel loader’s innovative electronic management system can perform progressive clutch cut-off for efficient, productive loader control. This feature controls tractive effort via the transmission, diverting maximum power to the loader hydraulics and reducing service brake wear and fuel consumption. • You can choose from three axle options on the new JCB 457 AGRI wheel loader: open differentials for hard standing; limited slip differentials for so ft, muddy terrain; or open differentials with an automatic locking front diff for varied conditions.
- • The new JCB 457 AGRI wheel loader’s engine offers you plenty of low-end torque and maintains it over a wide power band. By using lightWeight materials in the construction of the machine, you can also expect an excellent power-to-Weight ratio. • To save on fuel, the engine idle shutdown feature can safely apply the brakes and turn your machine off after a programmable amount of time. • A hydraulic cooling fan automatically reacts to ambient temperature and adjusts your wheel loader’s fan Speed to optimize cooling and reduce fuel consumption. This also lowers noise on your site. • Opt for the torque lock up 5-Speed transmission and you’ll get 100% efficiency in second to fifth gears, as well as closer gear ratios to keep engine Speeds down. The end result is improved fuel economy. • Wheel Speed braking means the brakes on the new JCB 457 AGRI front loader rotate at the same Speed as the wheels for heat and drag reduction, as well as improved fuel economy. • JCB’s innovative variable displacement pumps feed a load-sensing valve block which only consumes power on demand. Unloaded spool valves in the valve block allow the arms to lower under gravitational – not hydraulic – force; this reduces fuel consumption still further.
- • You’ll immediately notice the redesigned ROPS structure on the new JCB 457 AGRI; this has allowed the A pillars to be moved to the same Width as the rear of the cab, providing a larger interior with a panoramic front windshield. • Controlling the loader is now easier than ever – all of the controls are seat-mounted, even going as far as to move with the seat suspension. All switches and auxiliary controls are now located on the right-hand A-pillar for easier access. • There are two full color LCD screens to navigate your 457’s Operating menus, with one doubling as a monitor for the rear view camera. Using this simple, dedicated menu interface is easily done with an intuitive optional rotary controller. • Select the control system that’s best for your wheel loader operators; we offer single lever joystick or multi-lever configurations, both fully electro-hydraulic. The noise level in the cab is now an incredibly low 68 dB(a). • An all-new air venting system boasts nine demisting vents and six operator vents to maintain visibility and operator comfort at all times. It also operates at a reduced noise level. • After extensive research into operator ergonomics, we’ve devised the Command Driving Position specifically for the 457 AGRI wheel loader, which boasts the very optimal control layout for a multitude of different driver shapes and sizes.
Downloads and Docs